Head of School’s Message
The child is not an empty being who owes whatever he knows to us who have filled him up with it. No, the child is the builder of man. There is no man existing who has not been formed by the child he once was.
– Maria Montessori
I’m pretty sure it is still Spring according to the calendar, but it sure does feel like Summer already. Let’s hope the humidity holds off at least for a while.
We’re all looking forward to the Elementary community’s performance of “Persephone”. Based on the rehearsals I’ve chanced upon, it seems like it will be an amazing event. I hope you can all make it!
Schedule for the End of the Year
As we approach the end of the year, there are several events we would like to invite you to participate in.
Elementary Opera – May 25th
1. There is a 10:00 am show for the children in our school. All families are welcome to attend this show, even those with no children in the opera. The show will take about 1:15.
2. The main showing will 6:00 PM in the Auditorium. All family and extended family and friends are welcome. In lieu of tickets, donations will be accepted to cover the royalties and other expenses for future productions.
Graduation – May 31st 1:30 PM
1. Graduation will take place in the auditorium and open to whole community. Families are welcome to stay for cake in the cafeteria after the ceremony.
Sending Up – June 1st 11:10
This is an in school ceremony only. You will receive an invitation if your child is moving up!
End of Year Potluck
1. 11:45 – 12 – Please park and come to the carpool line so we can dismiss your children directly to you. There is no later pick up this day so if you can not attend the picnic, please come to pick up your child before 12:00. Please be aware that you will be in charge of your children throughout the afternoon.
2. Below is a Sign Up Genius for the needs for the potluck, including food, paper products, set up and clean up. We are looking forward to celebrating summer with you all.
Joseph Pearce to Speak Locally
Our friends at Aquinas Learning and the Cardinal Newman Society are hosting author and speaker Joseph Pearce to speak on “A Matter of Life and Death: The Battle for a True Education” on Friday May 25th from 6:30 -8:00. More information can be found at https://tinyurl.com/ychxoh5o.
- 5/25/18 – Elementary Opera 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM
- 5/28/18 – No School, Memorial Day
- 5/31/18 – Graduation 1:30 PM
- 6/1/18 – Last Day of School – Half Day followed by Picnic
Early Access Pricing Extended to June 1st for Camp Renaissance!
Children ages 3-6 attend Montessori Mornings, where they will experience the full Primary Montessori environment with a trained Directress and Montessori materials. This program is open to both current Montessori students and those with no Montessori experience.
Children ages 6-12 attend weekly specialty activities according to the schedule below.
Or Stay All Day!
All Camp Renaissance weeks include afternoons of fun actives such as team building, water play, library visits, nature exploration, arts and crafts and cooking. Come for the morning specialty, stay for the fun afternoon community. Your children will come away with new skills and new friendships!
|Weeks*||Ages 3 – 6||Ages 7-12|
|7/9 – 7/13||Montessori Mornings||Golf|
|7/16 – 7/20||Montessori Mornings||Music|
|7/23 – 7/27||Montessori Mornings||Hand Crafts|
|7/30 – 8/3||Montessori Mornings||Soccer|
|8/6 – 8/10||Montessori Mornings||Basketball|
|8/13 – 8/17||Montessori Mornings||Drama|
To make Camp Renaissance a reality, we need to meet a minimum number of children attending. To that end, we’d like to offer our special pricing for signing up early. These are huge discounts over last year’s pricing!
- Six one-week sessions from July 9 – August 17
- 8:30 AM – 11:30 Mornings Only – $195/week
- 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Full Day – $295/week
- Receive an additional 10% discount for signing up for all six sessions!
Academic Calendar for 18-19
The Academic Calendar for next year is now available. It can be downloaded from the link below.
It is also available in digital form as a Google Calendar. The calendar can be viewed online in the Documents and Info section and can also be accessed through the link in the head of these Update emails.
You can also add this calendar to your digital device. Simply copy and paste this address into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.
Local Writing Camp
Mr. Tim Heisler is again offering a summer creative writing camp. It will be a fun opportunity to polish up skills mid-summer and possibly come to a new understanding and love for writing.
More information about the camp can be found in the flyer below.
Help RMS with your Shutterfly Orders
Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, graduations, weddings and gifts for any other momentous occasion (like the sun coming out!) can be found at our Shutterfly link. Shop from our link http://renaissancemontessori.shutterflystorefront.com/and 13% of your total purchase is donated to our school.
Please Log Your Volunteer Hours
As we near the end of the year, please make sure to log all your volunteer hours in Track It Forward before May 25th. Those families who have uncompleted service hours after May 15th will be billed at $10/hour on your June invoice.
You can log your hours in two places:
Don’t forget to order scrip weekly at www.shopwithscrip.com and drop off your cash or checks by Tuesday. Mr Garvey will collect them curbside or you can put them directly into the SCRIP box in the office. If you haven’t set up an account yet, our enrollment code is 8F91287E14129.
Remember that if you want to earn that $300 quickly, it is best to set up a PrestoPay account because you can purchase and use electronic SCRIP immediately from your handheld device or home computer, no more dealing with dropping off checks and waiting a week for your cards to arrive.
Forgot to place an order? No problem, there is a SCRIP binder in the office with an array of cards for purchase. Simply go into the office and Kristina will help you through the purchase process. Any questions or problems please contact Rosanne Garvey at email@example.com or 703-447-9229.