Head of School’s Message
“There is no description, no image in any book that is capable of replacing the sight of real trees, and all the life to be found around them, in a real forest. Something emanates from those trees which speaks to the soul, something no book, no museum is capable of giving.”
– Maria Montessori
Dear RMS Parents,
I hope you all had a Happy Halloween and blessed All Saints Day. The weather and the trees are cooperating this week to give us a beautiful show. As Montessori says above, nothing can replace this beauty. I hope you are all able to get out and enjoy them with your children.
Have a great week.
Exclusive Shutterfly Discounts
Shutterfly and Tiny Prints has sent 50 one time use discount codes for our families to use while shopping on the websites. Shutterfly is offering $10 off a purchase of $50 plus free shipping. Tiny Prints is offering 40% off plus free shipping. Email email@example.com and Alicia Rainville will send you a code. Codes will be first come first serve. Happy Shopping!
Save the Date for a Contra Dance
- 11/10/17 – Southern Cross Dads Event
- 11/15/17 – Parents Guild Meeting
- 11/15/17 – Chick-fl-a Spirit Night
- 11/22-24/17 – Thanksgiving Break
Don’t miss out on a chance to get $500 off your tuition! This is how it works:
- Any referred family that decides to apply after their observation and visit will have their application fee waived.
- If a referred family is admitted and decides to enroll, the referring family will get a $500 tuition discount.
- If you feel you don’t need that discount but your referred friend does, you can gift it to them!
We’re ramping up our marketing effort, and anticipate getting close to full enrollment by next Fall, God willing. So now is the time to get your friends to come and see what Renaissance is all about. And don’t forget we have rolling admissions in Toddler, and the possibility of January starts for Primary. So don’t wait to encourage your friends to “come and see”.
Reminder About Early Pick Up Procedure
It is important for the progress of the child for them to be given consistency and the daily opportunity to complete a full work cycle in the environments prepared just for them here at school. It can be disruptive to both the work of the child and to the environment for a child to leave early. We recognize that this situation can sometimes be necessary, and if an unavoidable early departure is required, we have a procedure that allows us to work together to minimize disruption.
- Communicating your plans to your child(ren) in advance allows them to be prepared for a change in their routine. This is especially important for young children.
- Communicate to the office via email or phone, before 8:30 AM if at all possible, that the child will be picked up early.
- Plan to arrive about 10 minutes early to give your children time to put away their work and gather their things. A primary child might need even a bit more time.
- When you arrive at the school, ring the bell and come to the office. We will call your child(ren) from their environments when you arrive.
- Sign them out in the binder reserved for this.
Thanks for your help as we work to together to serve the needs and safety of the children entrusted to us.
New Pizza Lunch Order Form Available
The November – December pizza lunch order form is now available! Remember, you can order pizza for the whole month or you can order any week. Just make sure to hand in your form the Wednesday before the Friday of the week you want pizza. The form is HERE as well as always at the top of these weekly emails.
Help With Videos
Do you have equipment or skills to create and edit videos? We are looking to create some promotional materials and would love your help! Contact Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help (or know someone that would be willing to donate their time.)
Classroom Wishlists Now Online
We’ve heard from parents that they would love to know what kinds of things could be donated to help enhance the work of their child’s environment. We’ve created a section on the website to help you. You can find the RMS Wishlist under the Support Tab of the website or follow the link below. Thank you so much for your generosity!
Earn Money for RMS With Your Shutterfly Orders
Renaissance Montessori is thrilled to announce we are now participating with Shutterfly and Tiny Prints fundraising storefronts – both storefronts give the school 13% of your total purchase. For each purchase you make from either one of these brands, 13% will be donated to our school!
In need of Christmas cards, mailing labels, or personalized items (with or without pictures), shop through our site! Wedding or anniversary presents needed…shop through our site! Simply click the link renaissancemontessori.shutterflystorefront.com, click which brand you want to shop, and shop away. As soon as you make a purchase, the school’s revenue shows up on our fundraising page.
How To Support Us:
- Go to our storefront – renaissancemontessori.shutterflystorefront.com (Also found under the Support tab on the RMS website.
- Click through to Shutterfly.com or Shutterfly.com/Tinyprints and start shopping
- Make a purchase
That’s it, it is that easy AND you can still use any discounts that are being advertised on the Shutterfly site. Feel free to share this email with all your friends and family, the more people who purchase, the more our school earns!
Don’t forget to order scrip weekly at www.shopwithscrip.com and drop off your cash or checks by Tuesday. Mr Garvey will collect them curbside or you can put them directly into the SCRIP box in the office. If you haven’t set up an account yet, our enrollment code is 8F91287E14129.
Remember that if you want to earn that $300 quickly, it is best to set up a PrestoPay account because you can purchase and use electronic SCRIP immediately from your handheld device or home computer, no more dealing with dropping off checks and waiting a week for your cards to arrive.
Forgot to place an order? No problem, there is a SCRIP binder in the office with an array of cards for purchase. Simply go into the office and Kristina will help you through the purchase process. Any questions or problems please contact Rosanne Garvey at email@example.com or 703-447-9229.