Come and Join Us!
Renaissance Montessori believes that the purpose of an education is more than the mere acquisition of facts. Indeed it is “an aid to life,” a much broader and richer pursuit. Further we firmly believe that parents are the primary educators of their children, no matter which school or educational pedagogy they choose. As such we seek to partner with families, to bring to bear all the academic and developmental benefits of a Catholic Montessori education. Our admission process is designed to help families discover what that is, and whether it is for them.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Our process (see below for details) always begins with a Parent Observation. Applications are accepted throughout the year, with rolling admissions for the Toddler program, and September or January start-dates for all other programs. We look forward to hearing from you.
1. Schedule an Observation
Observation is the heart of the Montessori method, and it is the beginning of our application process as well. Observation visits are available most weekdays in the morning at 8:45 am or in the afternoon (1pm to 2:30pm) depending on the program being observed. If possible, we encourage both parents to come, and without their child/children. The observation consists of 5 minutes of preparation, about 30 minutes of in-classroom observation, and perhaps 30 minutes to 1 hour of meeting with the school administration. We encourage parents to expect that the entire visit will take up to an hour and forty-five minutes.
2. DECISION TO APPLY
After your observation, interested families take some time to decide whether they would like to apply. Renaissance uses on TADS, an online service, for our application and enrollment process, which can be found HERE. A non-refundable $50 application fee is due at the end of the application process. The school considers the submission of an application to be an indication of the family’s willingness to embrace the Montessori philosophy and methodology that was witnessed and explained during the observation.
The Application Deadline for the 2018-19 has past, however we do still have openings for children ages 1-4. The Application Deadline for 2019-20 is April 15th.
Please do not apply until you have observed—Renaissance does not accept applications until an observation has been completed.
3. ADMISSION AND ENROLLMENT
- Once the application and application fee are received, the school will contact you to set up your child's visit.
- Applicants are notified of admissions decision through TADS on the following schedule:
- For Fall admission: On or before April 30th for applications received before the April 15th deadline. We accept families on a rolling basis after the deadline if space is available and maintain a wait list when a program is full.
- For Parent-Infant and Toddler: Within one week of application.
- For January entrance from the wait list or other special circumstance: Will be discussed during the family’s initial observation.
- All accepted families will be sent an Enrollment Contract and Payment Agreement through the TADS system. The family then has 30 days to sign the Enrollment Contact, pay the applicable tuition deposit, and complete a Payment Agreement. A child is considered enrolled only when all three have been received by the school.